.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Son of Blaine the Groundhog ...

... or Blaine the Groundhog, Part Deux*? I was out in the room where the little lummox roams, just past the gate marking cat territory, when I glanced out the window and saw a big fat groundhog scurrying across the street to stop in front of our neighbor's house. I'd never seen him before. I think he must live up here on the ridge somewhere. It certainly isn't Blaine, though once you've seen one groundhog it easy to think you've seen them all.

The lummox paid no attention but just snoozed away. Why can't he do that at night?


*pronounced 'Duh'?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home