.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

And I deserved that chocolate shake, let me tell you ...

... which I will, whether you want me to or not. I had been up late last night, reading a big book and translating some French, so I didn't get up today until 9. Did my usual morning routine which seems to need about two hours to get fully awake (which I now blame on the incurable apnea).

Then I used my bread machine to make some flax seed bread - supposedly good for fighting cholesterol. Then, after reading several books on plumbing and carefully poring over the instructions that came with the faucet repair kit that Lowes hardware sold me as the best kit they had, I was foolish enough to think I could tackle the dripping faucet in the kitchen. Two hours and MUCH cursing and muttering in several languages* the job was done. I discovered that several key steps were simply not mentioned in the minuscule and poorly drawn instructions. What a clever little joke. (I think the Plumbers Union had something to do with this)

Then I took the Beast with Four Paws out for his afternoon walk since Carmen was at work. It was so hot outside that even the Beast didn't want to go until it was almost 5 and the sun had gone down a bit.

Now I am tired. And a bit full after two pieces of fresh baked flax seed bread and a DQ milk shake.


*it impresses the dog.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think the milkshake counters out the benefits of the flaxseed bread?

9:32 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Hey! It had calcium. And chocolate.

Chocolate is a health food. A health food. I chew up a little block of it every night. Along with my dinner glass of red wine.

Another health food.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I subscribe to that same health regimen - dark chocolate and red wine are the best (I mean healthiest).

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home