.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

One MORE reason why I deserved that milk shake ...

... and a snort or two of good cognac later this evening. After dawdling over it for three years I finally finished my article on Robert de Craon, second Master of the Temple. After The Da Vinci Code everyone should be interested in the Masters of the Temple, and this guy was the one who got everything started. It there were a Da Vinci Code conspiracy this is the guy who would have been in on it.

And as the world's leading expert on Robert de Craon and his family (in fact the only one interested in him) I can pretty well tell you - there was no such conspiracy.

But the paper is done! Three years in the making! Dozens of footnotes! Fifteen whole pages of text!

OK - I may work a little slow, and I may have, uh, issues, with closure, but the damn thing has been sent to the editor. Now there is someone even slower than I am.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you make it sound very interesting...AND it's only 15 pages long! I might want to read it.

Hmmmm....3 years....15 pages....hmmm. I think you do deserve the good cognac.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

If you go over to Sentent.blogspot.com and scroll down a bit you can at least read the conclusion.

The cognac was delicious.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home