.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Monday, June 04, 2007

I'd better try to start posting again....

... and I'm not entirely sure why I stopped. It's been over a month. No real excuse, except that first I was writing a paper for the whoop-dee-do at Kalamazoo. That was the one on urban violence in the 12th century.

Lately I have been manfully struggling against my congenital and hereditary enemy, procrastination. And losing. I've personified my problem with procrastination as a raven haired femme fatale named Mora, the Latin word for 'Delay.' It can also mean 'fool.' I am a sore loser.

Anyway, I have been struggling to finish an article on Robert of Craon, the Second Master of the Templar knights in Jerusalem. It's the one that was essentially written three years ago. At that time I promised the editor of a festschrift for Master Bernard that I would send it in by the end of the week. Two weeks ago I repeated that promise.

I hold out high hopes of finishing it by Wednesday.

Mora indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home