.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, April 27, 2007

The first night of Merlefest and the lummox and I go for a walk....

.... just to enjoy the night air. Actually, I took him for a little ride over to the grocery store first. He likes to set in the car even if he can't go in. Then we went for a little walk about 9 pm. It is the first night of the big Merlefest which will last all weekend. Our house is on a low ridge overlooking Moravian Creek and the festival is spread out all along the opposite side.

As we started down the big hill I heard the announcer on the main stage say "Here's Doc Watson!" Sure enough - I'd recognize his voice anywhere. He say a song as we walked and then the other performers took over. We went up by the school, which is always a good thing for something called School Street to have at one end. The school yard is even closer to the main stage and I listened to the first band or two while the little beast nosed around, paying absolutely no attention to the music.

Tomorrow friends are coming down and I will spend at least the afternoon over at the Festival grounds. Now I have to go and suit up with my new equipment for a good night's sleep.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home