.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Speaking about getting married ...

... I might as well mention that Carmen and I are going up to Gideon Ridge B&B in Blowing Rock, in fact, right next to the Blowing Rock itself, to celebrate our eighth wedding anniversary. We will stay overnight, wander the streets (or rather street) of the town, do some shopping, some fine dining, and knowing us, setting around reading some books. Yeah, I know, Mr and Mrs excitement.

We will probably also stop by Mother's favorite place in Blowing Rock - Saint Mary of the Hills Episcopal Church, the model for the little church in the Mitford books.

I am looking forward to it. We may decide to keep the Little Lummox in the doggie motel one extra night so Carmen can attend a bachelorette party for my dept chair's fiance. He can stick it out in stir for an extra night and Ben and Mosby will be so pleased to miss him.

I'll give a mostly full report when we get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home