.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's been a long day here in Wilkesboro today ....

... First Ben got both of us up bright and early so she could... well, ... yell at us, I suppose. Don't know what else she wanted.

I got up and read some research for the paper I am writing, then rushed up to Boone to meet with Roger the Respiratory Therapist. Once we established that I went to a church and believed in Christ he outfitted me with a brand new, very latest, oh so stylish ResMed S8 Escape System (the little vacuum cleaner part), along with a HumidAire 3i humidifier, AND the Mirage Swift II Nasal Pillows System (the mask part I breathe through). It vacuum cleaner, excuse me, the S8 Escape System, will force a blast of air down my throat that will expand my airway like blowing up a baloon. Supposedly I will get a good nights sleep with lots of REM sleep. We will see.

At least it feels less uncomfortable and looks a lot less frightening that I expected it to be.

After this I rushed back to Wilkes and drove Carmen to the airport so she could take off for her reunion trip to Mount Holyoak. Got back late and decided to take the beast out for a late night walk.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home