.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Monday, June 04, 2007

Blaine the Groundhog reaches out from beyond the grave....

... to wreak his revenge on the lummox for tormenting him. About a week after poor Blaine got nailed by a car I was certain that it really was him that had died. The hole in the ground he had excavated was clearly abandoned. The little lummox and I went down to take a look at it. Lummox wanted to investigate and stuck his head and shoulders into the hole. I thought the hole was big enough (or lummox small enough) to swallow him completely, so I pulled him out.

The next day Carmen found five ticks on lummox's face!

Now that Blaine the Groundhog is no longer around, his ticks grabbed the first likely victim dumb enough to stick his snout in.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just shows that you have to watch out for groundhogs named "Blaine". Or something approximatly like that.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Yeah. I knew I should have called him something like "Tom" or "John".

I think the lummox misses him. Blaine used to taunt him and then duck into his hole at the last minute.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home