.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Monday, March 12, 2007

It's easy to talk to the animals...

... if you have an animal that really wants to communicate. Mosby the cat sure does. Here is a transcript of a conversation Carmen has almost every morning at the breakfast table with her.

Mosby: Hey! Hey! Hey!

Carmen: Oh, there's the pretty girl! How is the girl? Such a pretty girl!

Mosby: I want something!

Carmen: Oh you're so cute!

Mosby: Hey! Hey! Hey! I want something!

Carmen: OK girl. Show me what you want.

Mosby: I want something!

Mosby then walks back towards the bedroom.

If she stops in the hall and stares first at her food bowl and then at Carmen:

Mosby: I want that!

Carmen: Oh, does the girl want her turkey? [Gerber's turkey baby food-yummy]

Mosby: I want!!!!

If she keeps on going back to the bedroom, where she hops up on the bed and ensconces herself in the middle of her favorite blue blanket and looks expectantly at Carmen:

Mosby: I want this!

Carmen, stroking the little beast: Oh, does the girl want to be petted?

Mosby: mmmmrrrmmrrmrrrrrrrmmmmmrr


Mosby is awfully articulate for a four legged brute.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home