.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Gee, and I was worried about how much beer I drank....

.... until I read this in The Week magazine.

Just 10 percent of beer drinkers consume 43 percent of all beer sold. These 'core' beer drinkers average nearly a gallon of beer a day.

I'm feeling more sober by the minute. In fact, I think I'll go have a beer* to celebrate.


*I only drink over-priced artisanal beer hand crafted by liederhosen clad elves speaking medieval German with Mexican accents in deep dark caves in the Appalachians. Cuts down on consumption.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny - I kind of thought you were an "any kind that is available" type of beer drinker.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Yes, but I wanted to go for the comic effect. And spoof Joey a bit.

And there ARE some beers I would never drink. I just can't remember what they are.

Oh well.

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound as disappointed as Winston Churchill about inches from the floor up . . . .

At least you know how many gallons you have to consume in order to achieve top place.

- greek god

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home