.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Monday, March 12, 2007

It has been a long day here in the land of Wilkes...

... because after watching "300" at the movies last night with the gang I became sick, and was up for most of the night. I have felt pretty sick all day, and I will spare you the details. Let's just say I feel drained. It's very late so I won't be writing the half dozen posts I was going to put up on Not Mayberry. There are some reviews of the movie and the history involved if you want to see them over on Sententciae (click on the blogger profile).

In the meantime it is nearly 3 am and I am going to bed.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your feeling better. For kids they say try the "brat" diet when they have upset stomachs. B-bananas; R-rice (I think); A-applesauce; T=toast. And of course Mother's favorite - little sips of coke.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

I thought the 'R' was rum. The Aunt Maidie cure. With sugar and lemon - for the vitamen C.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use the Aunt Maidie cure for colds.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home