.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, March 02, 2007

I have now completed my move to the new computer...

.... mostly. A few things to get used to, a few complications to figure out with the software, but I am not on my new Dell Inspiron computer, with the big pretty screen, Spider Solitaire, and now ... DSL. It will no longer take me an hour every morning just to go through my e-mail and the Washington Post online.

The DSL company sent me the modem, filters and cables a week ago, but I still couldn't connect to the internet even though I was following the very sketchy instructions as best I could. This afternoon I called Tech Support and only had to wait 25 minutes to talk to someone. While I waited, playing Spider Solitaire, I kept hearing their recorded message that they would pay customers $25 to talk a friend into signing up. It doesn't seem to have accorded to the bright lights who run the company that hiring and training enough personnel to keep the waits for service under 10 minutes might be a better use of their money. But I digress.

Turns out that there was one tiny little piece of info that the instructions had not bothered to tell me, and once that was taken care of, it worked.

Now that I have all this fancy equipment, and it will not take me hours every evening to play with the Blogs, you might be hearing more from me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home