.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, February 23, 2007

The improving computer situation ....

.... has almost solved all of my problems. People have occasionally commented on both my blogs about my seeming inability to spell. Well, I have a good excuse - technical malfunctions, to wit, a sticky keyboard that does all kinds of strange things. That, and dial up service via the never to be sufficiently condemned AOL (which is actually getting worse).

Well, I think I have solved THAT problem. I went out and bought a brand new Dell Inspiron with most of the bells and whistles. AND I am getting 1.5 m broadband from Embarq. I've even had young Clovis come over to help set it up - only cost a dinner and a movie.

That should fix it. No more sticky keyboard, no more interminable waits for the machine to actually DO anything, and best of all - no more dependency on AOL.

Of course, this does endanger my reputation as a luddite.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

Congrats on losing AOL, that means of course you will need to give us your new contact info... you can't lose us that easily :-P

--Joey

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home