.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, March 03, 2007

General news from the land of Wilkes ...

... is basically, nothing new. I just want to type a bit more on my new machine. My old computer had gotten so much cat fur under the keys that it was skipping, adding letters at odd times, and in general making blogging difficult. I blame all my spelling problems on unnamed staffers who shed their fur on my computer, and I am checking into rehab tomorrow now that I realize how badly I have failed my wife, my family, my dog... uh, wait.

Sorry, that's the canned congressional newsconference boilerplate I had hanging around.

The news: Mosby the Kat's huts are getting more elaborate. The last one actually consisted of two blankets and had a little tent flap at the door so she could peer out at the world. Ben is still being Ben which is impossible to describe unless you have seen her.... and since absolutely no one has seen her for more than 2.5 seconds ... you'll just have to take my word for it.

The little lummox now thinks it is simply part of his job as The Dog to bark late at night at any movement he imagines out in the yard, assuming that I will come out and tell him what a good dog he is for guarding the house. We've gotta get another squirt bottle - it was the only thing he feared.

He has also discovered that a big fat groundhog has moved in down the street and is busy digging what looks like the Boston Subway in the field there. Groundhog likes to set outside sunning himself until he sees lummox going into his famous killer crouch, then he leisurely wanders over to his hole, waits until lummox gets a bit closer, and then disappears.

That's all the news I want to mention tonight.

I think I'll call the groundhog Blaine. That's a nice name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home