.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Kitty-Cat report from the land of Wilkes ...

Yesterday while I was working in the living room I could hear Ben chattering softly to herself in the big window. She only does this when she sees something she wants to kill (I've been told, though I am not sure I believe it, that this is typical of the cats from Ben's homeland on an Appalachian mountain top, and only of those cats). I looked out the window with her and saw a sleek fat Robin hopping around in our yard gobbling up worms. At heart, sweet little Ben is a killer and a thug.

And there is something weird going on with the birds. When I got back to my office and looked out the window I saw a Blue Jay hopping around on the tree branches right outside. I think the bird community has made up its mind on global warming. To them, it's springtime.

Mosby has become a yurt builder. We have a thick fluffy blue blanket that we fold up at the foot of t he bed so Mosby can pose on it - "Yes, I do look stunning on blue - yes, you may admire me." Lately though she has begun to push her nose under the first few folds, and then burrows under it until she has created a Mosby shaped tunnel. Then she turns around so she can look out of her little hut and observe the world while she stays snug and warm.

Yesterday she made the most elaborate of her huts to date - it looked like a yurt! She got into it and Ben came along and cuddled up to the back of it, just like she does with Carmen at night.

And that is the kitty-cat news for now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home