.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Thursday, November 23, 2006

An Unfortunate Conversation at the Mellow Mushroom...

.... when I got there early yesterday for our weekly get together. Usually, week after week, I arrive with young Clovis, all 6' 2" 300 lbs of him. The typical college freshman. This time though he wasn’t around. I sat by myself for awhile, reading the latest issue of Speculum.

One of our usual waitresses arrived to give me my menu. The one with long dark hair, bright eyes, and the pert little... well, you get the idea.

She immediately asked, "Where’s your grandson tonight?"

Arrrgghhh. No! Don’t say that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

Apparently they don't work for tips at the Mellow Mushroom in your neck of the woods.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes she works for tips! And she nows I am a good tipper!

Which makes it worse - it means she really THINKS that I am his grand dad.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home