.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Mulan came to visit me ...

... while I was working in my office. From my desk while I type I can see the very end of the hall. I saw an attractive Asian girl come around the corner and for two seconds I thought she was one of our students. But it was Mulan! I wasn't sure it was her until her dad came around the corner behind her and I had something to judge her height. She's only eleven. Yet, she is tall for her age. And I wasn't wearing my glasses.

Still.

She sat down with me and asked if I thought Severus Snape is really evil. No, I do not. Even though he did ... well... you know. I don't want to give away the end of The Half-Blood Prince to anyone who hasn't read it, like Carmen. I am also beginning to think that Harry Potter is not the Chosen One, either.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry is too the "chosen one" -- but Neville is going to surprise everyone, and soon. But Snape is still up in the air, despite his recent behavior.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Yes, Snape is a mystery. Mulan's dad and I are working on a complex, subtle, devilishly clever theory about this!

And I'm not convinced about Harry. Neville has a big role to play.

And what about Luna?

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPS! Wrong persona.
Oh well.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home