.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, November 17, 2006

A Conversation with Maeréad ....

.... a few weeks ago when I took her to bar to watch pizzas being made went something like this. Remember, she is only four, and didn't want to do something I told her to do.

Maeréad: Why should I do that?

Me: Because I told you and I'm your uncle!

Maeréad: Uncle Oscar! "Uncle Oscar" is your name. All my uncles live in Ireland.

Me: Oh.

As far as I know, there is no known way to win an argument with Maeréad short of picking her up and making her do what you want. Or sending her to bed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Uncle Oscar! I'm so glad your learning about reasoning with a four year old! It gave me such a chuckle.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home