.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Not the “Pig Pen” photos!


[the following post is from my brother Jesse B, and refers to the pig pen in the woods of the farm I grew up on]

Yes, some of the ever popular little barn in the woods. Since many of you (will at least one) have asked for more of my photo collection, and have failed to give me any direction as to what they would like, I have made my own decision. Since I do have a plethora of photos of this farm landmark, I picked it. (See Oscar someone besides you can use big words and since I now have spell check I am no longer afraid to do so.) My photos of the “pig pen” have always been in great demand. Such as the view from the north, the view from the west, the view from the field, and the very popular view from the south east. Enjoy.







Well, I am not sure why my brother Jesse is fixated on the ancestral sty, but here it is, in all its beauty. Jesse once saw a sow eat one of her piglets and it upset him. That was when we were very young. I myself am fond of the third view from the bottom. Very nostalgic.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. As Yogi said "It's deja vu all over again." Somehow this post looks almost like one that I think that I did.

(Of course we can't be sure that that was a Yogi quote since he also said "I didn't say half the things that I said.")

8:28 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

All due to the magic of 'cut and paste' here in the magical ether of E-dom.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home