.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Maire brought young Maeréad into my office yesterday...

... Maire sat and laughed at us while we had a good time watching the 30 sec versions of movie hits - performed by bunnies. At first I showed Maeréad the Pirate Bunnies, but she didn't like them - they didn't move. When she saw the bunnies performing in great movies like ‘Star Wars' and ‘Titanic' she wanted to set and watch all of them. Or at least all that had female bunnies on the icons. She especially was interested in all the girl bunnies who had on pretty hats jewelryalry. Are all little girls like that?

She wasn't interested in the Viking Kitties either, but Maire insisted they were her favorites (well, she is an expert on Vikings!).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle Scott,
We loved the bunnie shows! We exspecially loved the Viking Kitties. We also sang along with them. I liked the orange kitten and Mommy liked the white one. Mommy really liked singing along with them. I really liked the 'Ahhhhhhhhhhh-ah' and so did Mommy. We tried to watch the Halloween one but it got too scary. I have to go to bed now and we liked every one we watched (except the Halloween one).

Love,
Meghan

7:50 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Dear Meghan,
What a sweet note. Thank you. I am glad you liked the bunnies, and especially the Viking Kitties. I bet your Mommy did not realize that Led Zeppelin sang about Medieval Vikings!

Yes, Halloween is a scary movie so maybe you should wait on that one. Christmas Story is a good one, and Maeread liked Titanic.

Maybe someday you can meet Maeread, since you two are virtual cousins.

Love,
Your uncle

ps: Your aunt liked your note too.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Maybe we can make it to Merlefest in 2007. I think Meghan is still young enough for me to take her places she might not really like to go but not complain too much about it. In a few years I might get too much attitude. Then she and Maeread can meet and dance and who knows what else. I guess we should plan on making our reservations early though, I hear it is popular.

And you are so right - Mommy did not know Led Zeppeline sang about Medieval Vikings! I have a whole new respect for their music now!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

You don't need reservations for Merlfest - they can fit any number into the grounds!

And you can stay at our house. We have a very liberal reservation policy, at least for some people.

I might have to start mainling adrenaline to keep up with Maeread and Meghan at the same time though!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home