.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Monday, September 18, 2006

She did it, she really went and did it ....

... and in front of Mearéad too! Just as we were beginning to have fun at the Mellow Mushroom, Maire organized an intervention to stop my addiction to fountain pens! I kept telling them that it wasn't an addiction, that just because I had one fountain pen on me and two in the pocket of my book bag was no reason to suspect me of being an addict - but they wouldn't listen. They were relentless. Told me how much damage this was doing to my family (I pointed out to them that my family consisted of two cats and the little lummox, none of whom had complained to me). But they kept insisting. I think it was when they discovered that I had actually given a fountain pen to young Clovis who is now also addicted that I began to lose control of the situation.

They save the last part for the Law Enforcement Official we hang out with. It was ugly. The LEO concluded the proceedings by saying, in that tone of voice I'm sure she reserves for prisoners who are giving her trouble - "We love you Oscar and want you to get better. It's time to hand over the pens - NOW!"

I fought them off. Which is not easy to do when you are laughing so hard the beer is sloshing out of your glass.

But that's ok. Mearéad, who paid no attention to any of this, still likes me.

And there is a lovely new Parker Sonnet on sale at Levenger's and the new Farhney's catalog just came out...

1 Comments:

Blogger Clemens said...

just a little test.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home