.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's nice to have a wife who works in a library....

.... Carmen snagged the recorded book version of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and brought it home for me before anyone else could check it out. While I still have lots of things I am going to read/listen too, this one will go to the head of the line. Just as soon as I finish part III of ‘The History of Ancient Rome' by Garrett Fagan. Fagan has a wonderful Dublin accent almost exactly like my friend Maeréad's father. It's part of the Teaching Company's offering. Once I'm done with Rome's Third Century Crisis, it's on to Hogwarts!

Carmen has made me swear on my copy of Gibbon not to give away any of the plot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home