.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, August 20, 2010

And I thought it was just a weird O'Murty thing...

... but this is what I found on AOL this evening.

The campaign that Deutsch created played on the kids’ game that dates back to the Beetle days called “Punch Buggy.” Two kids on a car trip would sock each other in the arm whenever they spotted a VW Bug. The trick was to spot the car before your friend did. Deutsch updated the idea to “Punch Dub,” and created ads that showed multiple VW models, with adults and even celebrities socking each other whenever they spot any VW -- a Passat, a Routan minivan, a Golf, a CC. The strategy was meant to address the fact that many VW models are relatively unknown.

So now I know. Sorry I doubted you Máeráed!

honestly, I thought you and Sir Miggs just made it up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Maire said...

This is news to you? I really hate the whole ad campaign. Only Bug are punch buggies. VW can't change that, and apparently they've annoyed a lot of people by presuming. we'll, they've annoyed all of us anyway.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Beats me. I don't watch TV. I'm not much into popular culture.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home