.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Monday, June 28, 2010

Complines ...

... because it is so late. Today I went to get the beast with four paws from what I like to think of as summer camp for dogs. He, on the other hand, thinks of it as solitary in Alcatraz. The folks there, who dote on him, had clipped his claws and given him a bath (they refused to give him the lobotomy I requested). Once again he looks like the Fluffy Tailed Demon of old. For the first few minutes he lived up to the name, running around like a loon. Got him home. The girls are nowhere to be seen - hiding under the bed no doubt. They don't like the little lummox. They thought he was just fine at summer camp. They are now looking at me funny.

Took him for a short walk down by the riverside. It was hot, about 95. At least there was low humidity so we survived, especially under the trees. Then I went up to school for a few hours of work.

I think the CPAP is doing its job now. I did not wear it last night, had no trouble driving, and have not had to take even a short nap today. That seems to mean I can build up some rest and go for a day or so without worrying too much. This is an enormous burden off my mind.

2 Comments:

Anonymous The Old Man said...

Somehow, with my age and eyesight, when ever I see you use the "word" CPAP, I always think you are writting crap.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

I thought your eyes had been fixed. Or are they still deteriorating?

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home