.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Evening Update on my walks with the lummox...

... and other stuff. Let's see .... I am getting behind. Yesterday morning I took the silly dog over to the Community College Park. Suddenly he went into his infamous killer crouch and I thought, Oh no, here we go again. But then I saw a big old dog walking towards us with his owner. It was Puppus Doggus, his old friend. Of course he ignored Puppus, but refused to take his eyes off his owner. The guy who always give the lummox a little dog biscuit. He gets his treat and the owner and I exchange pleasantries. He recognized my silly dog, but not me. Wondered what had happened to the nice lady who usually walks him.

Then I drove up to Boone taking my CPAP machine that I wear for apnea with me. I have been feeling worse and worse lately, tired, bone weary, never feeling fully awake. I am not THAT old (I keep telling myself). So before I start another round of tests I thought I would get the equipment tested. Roger the Respirator Tech was not there, so I talked to Bob the Respirator Tech. He checked the stuff and said all the soft rubber parts should be replace no matter what. He clearly thought that was most if not all of the problem. So I got a brand new set of nasal plugs of a much more efficient design. Also a new chin strap that is four inches wide and white. Now when I put it on I look like Jacob Marley.

But I tried the new rig and think it makes a real difference. Got through the day feeling much better. I am tired, but it is only normal tiredness (what a oenophile is to wine I am to fatigue these days). It comes from getting up too early this morning - long story, but I will just say to Carmen that Mosby has finally come to believe that yes, indeed, I will give her turkey and Ben has decided that if Mom isn't here, she can still hop on the bed, meow into my face, and get a Ben moment of petting and snuggling.

Unfortunately just as she was getting settled I coughed (another long story, probably involving old age). Unfortunate events ensued.

Last night I made beef and beer soup. It was better than I remembered it. Now I have something to eat for a few more days, even though Máeráed has invited me over for her pasta on Thursday.

This post is getting long so I will add another one in a few moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home