.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, July 13, 2007

We are going to San Francisco ...

... a week from tomorrow. We have bought our plane tickets, reserved our hotel room, everything. Mainly we are going to see my aunt, who is 89 and not likely to make it back out to the east coast for any more reunions. I had told her some time ago that I was planning on coming. When I told her that Carmen had decided to come she brightened and said "Oh good! Pam [her daughter] will come down to visit too if Carmen's going to come."

You can see where Clemens ranks in the family hierarchy!

The trip should be fun. We are only going to stay for three nights. We will see our aunt, and Pam, evidently, and now will search the Internet to see what other things we might like to do in San Francisco. I imagine that we can manage to find something to keep us amused.

And after San Francisco, that unnamed port city to the south.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

Are you guys going to make a trip out to Yosemite?

A friend from work is leaving next week for San Fran also.

--Joey

11:50 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

I don't think we will make it to Yosemite. I would like to drive down the Big Sur, but don't think we will have time. We will only be there three nights and there should be lots to do in San Francisco itself.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home