.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, July 07, 2007

I am trying to get down to the YMCA more often ....

... especially since I hopped on the scales the other day and almost fell right off from shock. I didn't know I weighed that much.

So this week I have gone to both the cycling classes in the morning, the ones taught by April and Heather, both mothers three times over and both with what looks like 18 inch waists. Those little meanies. I immediately figured out why I am so heavy - I have been away from cycling for too long. Even the hour class was almost too much for me.

Thursday I got out ol' trusty rusty the bike and pumped up the tires. That wore me out all by itself. Then I went for a quick rip through the neighborhood. Felt good. Today I rode it down to the 'Y' and spent about 20 minutes using the weight machines. The little computer program for my exercise program said I have not been exercising since 14 April. Then I rode back and tried out the latest extension on the Greenway - very nice btw.

But all this exercise has a bad effect on me. My face gets red, my breath starts coming in pants and gasps and I break out in a heavy sweat.

Must be allergies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure it's allergies. You're allergic to exercise.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Exercise is ok. It's work that I have a problem.

Remember one of Dad's little sayings he wrote down: "I love work. I could watch it all day."

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home