.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, July 01, 2007

And now for something Cuban ....

.... just for Carmen. Ruben Gonzalez and 'Siboney'.

And something Spanish - the classic 'Malaguena'.


The Chinese characters are thrown in just as a homage to globalization.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

His arrangement of Siboney is fantastic. It is available on either his CD, the Buena Vista Social Club CD, or the Afro Cuban All Stars CD. They are all excellent albums.

Btw, did I mention I am currently learning Mandarin in advance of the Chinese 101 course I'm taking this Fall?

--Joey

6:01 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Tia Carmen has all but the Afro-Cuban all Stars. Play the Siboney clip for Bo and Baba.

BTW, she wants to read your letter to IBM - she's heard through the rumor mill that it's well written.

So - Mandarin after Japanese after Spanish. How is the Norwegian coming? Catalan would be the next one for your extended stay in Barcelona!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

Catalan eh? So I can pick up Spanish then naturally phase in Gallego and Catalan. From there how big of a leap is Portugese and French? With a touch of Norwegian and English, German shouldn't be too bad. Japanese, with its base on Chinese characters should come reasonably easily and within a year I can achieve my goal of being utterly incomprehensible in every language.

I'm sure Mom will pass along my email. Hehe. It was actually kind of cool, the VP of our business unit responded and wished me well :)

--Joey

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home