.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Maeráed and Máire are back from Ireland ...

... though Maeráed was dead tired from jet lag. They got in last night and Maeráed was up at the crack of dawn thinking that if it was light she should be up. I met them at the Mellow Mushroom. Even though she was so tired Maeráed still insisted I take her up to the bar so she could watch pizza being made. Her mom showed me pictures of their trip, including a little cell phone video of them dancing Irish dances. Maeráed has added to her Irish vocabulary. When I asked her if she was going to Ireland again next summer she used her new favorite phrase, "I haven't got a clue."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home