.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hey! I am NOT that old!!!

You may, faithful reader, remember the unfortunate "where's your grandson?" incident at our favorite pizzeria. Well, now I have grown a nice fluffy white beard (with a small patch of what is left of my original auburn coloring right on the chin).

Tonight we went over to Chile Verde, our favorite Mexican restaurant. The waiter was very nice, spoke to us in Spanish. After a bit Carmen pointed out that he was addressing me as "abuelito."

Grandaddy!

I told Carmen I was shaving off the beard and the moustache, and dying my hair, but she said she wouldn't recognize me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you are turning another year older soon - Friday I believe. Happy birthday Abuelito!

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to worry. Remember there's always someone "way older" than you. (It's interesting running into one of my sons high school friends and having them tell me they have a 14 year old child.)

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home