.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Traffic on 421

I've noticed the Highway Patrol is once again out on 421 between Boone and Wilkesboro. As soon as they end one campaign to convince the drivers of North Carolina that 55 means 55, they have to start another one.

BTW, my law enforcement friend told me that her department have been told that anything over 65 mph will get you ticketed.

Just in case you were wondering.

So let's be careful out there. The last time I was on the bus we saw another bad accident, this one involving several cars on 421 just west of the Wal-Mart light. It looked pretty bad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... 65=55?

11:59 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

The way I drive... Yes.


OTOH, when you add up the average margin of error for your speedometer and the average margin of error for the radar, 55 CAN=65.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home