.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, September 03, 2006

OK Ana! Spanish wines!

.... Ana, a true blue Spaniard, despite living in London and writing excellent English, was right to demand that I give equal time to Spanish wines. So last night I cracked open my first bottle of Montecillo Crianza 2001 wine - a Rioja wine. When I went to the wine store last week I bought several bottles of it. And indeed, it was excellent. A whole lot better then its price of US $8 would have led one to believe (if I'd not read the rave reviews of it from the staff). That's not much more than UK £ 5! Which certainly puts the local Windy Gap wine at $16 (about £ 10) to shame.

Even Carmen (aka MFH) drank some of it tonight with dinner. Actually, she is the one who wanted to buy in the first place. Clearly Iberian prejudices are coming to the fore. Thank God.

Tomorrow - La venta de Don Quixote 400 Aniversario. An estate grown Tempranillo from Valdepeñas.

And next trip - Argentina and Chile! Arriba!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home