.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Monday, April 03, 2006

Jerzy's is not gone at all....
despite what some folks in Miller's Creek seem to want. It has reopened in a little spot that used to be Jackson's Restaurant. No liquor, just wine and beer, and apparently the emphasis will be on food. In fact, the owner wants to put in a drive through window. There was some discussion of it on gowilkes.com. Some people were opposed to having it in Miller's Creek because the people in the community would not stand for it. Well, perhaps they know different folks in Miller's Creek than I do. When I dropped in to have a beer and some cajan chips while I read, there were several locals at the bar, commenting how glad they were that a good bar and grill had come to town.

So I still have a spot to go when I want to concentrate, read, write, or grade papers. No, really, it goes much better for me in a noisy bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home