.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Monday, March 13, 2006

One good thing about the The Record...
Someday soon I hope to write about something "Wilkes County's First Worldwide Newspaper" (how's that for self-promotion) did that I thought bordered on dirty political tricks. But first, to be fair, there is something that I and MFH have noticed - it has a first rate photographer! This is especially noticable in the pictures from Aladdin Jr. by the Wilkes Playmakers that ran on the front page last Wednesday (March 8). The picture of Jessica Adams as the Genie is perfect, and the one of Jacob Reeves as Jafar and Brittany Collins as Iago made me want to go out and see the play. Compared to these the photos of the play in the other paper in town were flat and static. No photographer is credited, but whoever it is deserves some recognition.

Now if owner/editor would just pay for quality reproduction of the work....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haggis is Scots-Irish food. Black pudding is pretty popular as well. Be very glad they didn't serve these at the wedding.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Yuck. I have never had much interest in getting back to my roots. Except maybe for the whiskey and Guinness.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

How about Kafferty's and Irish Stew?

7:20 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

I'm with Clemens (who let him on to this site?) I'll also go with Kafferty. As for the Irish stew, it depends. What exactly do you mean by Scotch-Irish?

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home