.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The demise of one more Wilkesboro business...

I will have to take a day or two or three off from blogging. Just too much work to do at school. But as I was driving around the last few days I noticed that Jerszy's Bar and Grill, one of my favorite watering holes despite its reputation, is no longer in business. I'm not sure if where it is located is in Wilkesboro or North Wilkesboro, but it's always sad to see a business leave town. MHF and I still have not gotten over the absence of El Milenio Dos Mil.

Well, there is always Dooley's. Maybe I'll do a write up on that when I come back.

[Update 30 March: Yesterday I took exams to grade at Dooley's while having my evening tapas. John the Bartender told me that Jerszy's is not closed, but is relocating to Millers Creek. Very odd. It wasn't much more than a year ago that J's left the old hotel by the old Court House to move into the old Quincy's Steak House/Golden China]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home