.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Thursday, March 22, 2007

There is a specter haunting me here in Wilkes ....

... and it's getting a little creepy. I first saw her on my cereal box, smiling cheerfully at me. Then I noticed her on my box of crackers - still smiling. Soon I could see her everywhere, especially in the grocery store - there she was. Everywhere! Relentlessly cute and perky, on cereal boxes, crackers, cookies - on magazine covers, in ads, on cookbook covers. Everywhere. I can not avoid her.

So I just want to know one thing. Who the hell is Rachel Ray and who did she have to sleep with to get this kind of exposure?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will I can understand why you academic types might not have heard of "perky" Rachel Ray, but I watch her on occasion on the food channel. She apparently evokes "love her or hate her" emotions. Judging from your comments you may want to join the webb site called "Rachel Ray Sucks". It only requires that you never say anything nice about her.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

I'd never heard of her or seen a picture until I found that first one on my cereal box and then suddenly saw her everywhere.

I guess if I weren't too cheap to get cable ...

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home