.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Later at the monastery [more from my retreat journal]:

Life feels very good here. It reminds me a bit of being in college, where I had a little room with a desk - except then I had a room mate. A set schedule where the day was paced off by the rhythm of the classes, and work to do. Meaning for me at any rate plenty of time to do my own writing and reading and, at least in those days, drawing. Perhaps some day I should return to the drawing, but these days I just don’t have much desire for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home