.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Me and my fish monger.....

.... went to Lee's Seafoods today for some salmon. I came in so quietly that Lee was back in his little inner sanctum, complete with lounge chair and TV, waiting for the next customer. Once I said 'Boo!' he came out with the salmon - he said it was so fresh it smelled like watermelon. I took a whiff and danged if he wasn't right. It really did.

Three hours later, after baking it with a sauce made of honey, butter, and Worcestershire sauce, MFH and I decided that it was the best salmon we'd ever had. So the Captain of the Kitchen looked good.

If you want good sea food in the foothills, go to see Lee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home