.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Rabid Raccoon!

When I got home today from work the phone rang almost immediately. It was my next door neighbor warning me that a rabid raccoon had been in their back yard but had dashed away before animal control could get out here. A few minutes later our across the street neighbor called to tell me the same thing. A few minutes later a friend from Minnesota whom I hadn't heard from for months called - I asked him if he'd called to tell me about a rabid raccoon. He seemed a bit nonplussed. Check Spelling

Well, no neighborhood walks for me and the Little Lummox for a few days.

MFH has always been amused by the stories in the local paper about such animals because they always end along the lines of '80 year old Thelma Bunch was attacked by a rabid raccoon. She went back to her car to retrieve her gun and shot the animal.' Now MFH wants to know why our neighbor didn't do the same thing.

She doesn't fully believe me when I say that not everybody in Wilkes packs a gun. At least not all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home