.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, July 14, 2006

And I get to see Mulan too!

... I was setting in my office yesteday, working hard, sweat beading my brow as I labored at the State's business, when Mulan's dad came in. Of course, I had to stop working so I could solve all the problems he had created. When I had done that he told me that Mulan and her mother were going to meet him at the Mushroom. Now, since I haven't seen my niece for weeks and weeks, I had to go over to see them at the Mushroom. Where, to be polite, I had a beer. Or two. And they forced me to eat that piece of pizza. Tapas.

It was great to see Mulan again. She has had a terrible time the last few weeks with sore's on her mouth that hurt so bad she couldn't even eat. I felt so bad to hear that. But I was greatly relieved to see she was back to her usual sunny self and happy to tease her dad. (He needs that to keep him in line). When she gets finished with her day camp way up deep in the mountains we will bring her down to our house for a sleepover. Maybe lummox and I can find the chocolate pony for her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home