.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Fortunate Meeting in the High Country...

Yesterday afternoon I went up to Boone. By chance ran into both my nieces: Mulan and Mairead. That almost never happens anymore. Mulan, a gymnast, started climbing a nearby stonewall; Mairead who is not yet four insisted on doing the same. Disaster was averted. We talked and played for awhile and then their parents took them off, but I was able to go with Mairead and her parents to an interesting Greek restaurant for dinner. I will have to go back some day soon. It all made me forget that my original reason for going up there was to get a lot of work done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home