.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, May 13, 2011

Our local politicians ....

... are what gives Wilkes Co (and most of the rural south) a bad name.

One of our country commissioners told another one that "only deadbeats use the library."

Yep. Once you have a subscription of "Guns and Ammo" and your copy of Going Rogue, what else do you need?

Needless to say, he's a Republican, and of course, a fine upstanding Christian.

I think I am going to teach young Mr Miggs how to say "you ignorant peckerwood." I am sure his Mother will thank me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Maire said...

His mother will certainly approve.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Then it's not rude enough.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Comment ranks up there with book burning...book banning. Thought we had evolved a bit more than this. Found the website for Archaeology Magazine interesting.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous The Old Man said...

How did Archaeology Magazine get into this post? Do they carry that at the Library for dead beats?

7:27 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Are you following antiques of Gov Scott?
Re the mag: I had just googled/read it & there I was commenting on our blog so thought I'd kill 2 birds...etc. and bring to your attention.

Judy & Blaine having agood luck/farewell party for Jen this Sunday @ our clubhouse. Thought I'd include this here to drive you mad...er!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Maire said...

Time to Geek the Library!
http://www.npr.org/2011/05/18/136436750/libraries-work-to-boost-image-funding

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home