.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, October 09, 2010


An answer for Máeráed ...

... from yesterday when I hopped into her car for a ride to the Mall. Fortunately her mother Máire was driving!

Máeráed was immersed in a book and ignored me, but her little brother Miggs was happy to see me, waving his new "Shark Shoes" at me. Then he began to tell me all kinds of stuff and began to concentrate. This caused a little dimple to form above his eyebrow, exactly as it does on Mulan and my niece Jessie (must be an Asian thing).

I told him he had a dimple on his forehead!

He told me (three or four times) that he had a dimple on his cheek. In self defense I pointed to my chin and said "I have a dimple on my chin!"

Suddenly Máeráed took her head out of her book and said "Why!?"

Dear Máeráed - here is the answer: a picture of my grandparents, and of their daughters, my aunts.


[In case you are wondering why my grandmother Bertha and my grandfather Scott look more like brother and sister, their respective families had (and have) intermarried many times since 1790]


3 Comments:

Anonymous The Old Man said...

Wow!! You had copies of these photos too.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

What? You've seen these pictures before?

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Big Sis said...

I never had realized how they really do look like twins!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home