.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Wednesday, October 15, 2008


Way back when I was working on my dissertation ...

.... a friend of mine let me use the family cabin by the lake (every Minnesotan has one). It was at a place called Lake Chetek, Wisconsin. Someone over on Andrew Sullivan's blog sent in a picture looking out through the fall trees to the lake. It looks like it is very near the place I stayed at, which was called Trollheim. I spent several long weekends there and got an enormous amount done.

Pleasant memories.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Ok...where exactly is it...how do I get there...I can leave in 20 min.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

It dead in the middle of Wisconsin. Come to think of it, it is probably Sarah Palin country.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home