.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, September 26, 2008

Last Saturday the lummox went up the mountain with me ...

... since we were taking Clovis back home. He'd come down the day before to set up my wireless connection and to have a free meal (and secretly to see Carmen, whom he adores). So the little lummox and I decided to drive him back to Boone. Gas is way to expensive for him to drive his own car.

After we got rid of Clovis the little lummox and I went over to see Jed the mountaineer. When we got to his cabin he was no where to be seen so I took the little beast for a long walk in the woods and along the creek behind Jed's place. He walked straight into the creek, sat down, and sat there grinning. Finally got him out and we walked up Jed's grandfather's mountain. I'm not kidding: Jed and his brother Daryl inherited a mountain top from their grandad. On the way we stopped to talk to two tiny little ponies. The lummox wanted to get up real close to talk to them but I keep him at least three feet away. Then we went up the mountain (it's a very little mountain) and the lummox was in heaven with all the animal smells.

When we got home to the land of Wilkes the little fellow just collapsed and was out for the rest of the day. I enjoyed myself too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home