.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, September 14, 2007

My drive to work the other day ...

... was oddly relaxing. My experiments with cutting down on gas consumption by smart driving continues. The last tank of gas I got 33.8 mpg, which is pretty good considering that before I started this experiment I was only getting about 27 mpg, exactly the EPA rating for a Suburu Impreza.

I celebrated by taking the longer but prettier route to work today. Probably wasted a couple of tablespoons of fuel, but it was the start of my relaxing drive.

Which reminded me of my friend English Will taking his old Mercedes Benz to the filling station for its weekly injection of biofuel. Will and the other local biofuel users are determined to help the environment.

In line waiting for the very "green" biofuel was ... a HumVee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home