.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Further advice from the Face Doctor ...

... about my sleep habits. I usually stay up until 2 or 3 a.m. and sleep as late as I can. Those are no longer productive hours for me though - I am awake and not sleepy but I can't concentrate much after 11 pm.

He advised me to try to go to bed earlier and to get up earlier. I told him that I was aiming at getting to bed at 11 and getting up at 7.

He said that was an improvement, but the ideal schedule would be to go to bed at 9:15 and get up at 6 am. I almost screamed "Nurse! Someone has kidnapped the doctor and replaced him with a lunatic!"

But he was serious. It's the timeless farmers' schedule. As Ben Franklin said, "early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." He was probably a lunatic too. As for the healthy, wealthy and wise, two out of three would be great.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home