.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, March 31, 2007

What I saw on the tail ends of cars as I drove to Boone yesterday ...

... one was a bumper sticker that said "Uncle Sam Wants you to speak English!" If you stop and think about - it's a dumb message. To have any effect on its target audience, it should be in Spanish! (I also think the message itself is historically inaccurate, philosophically repugnant, morally unsound and generally icky).

And while I was heading through the most twisty and dangerous part of the trip up the mountain I noticed the vanity tag on the big boxy SUV in front of me:
DEATHBOX.

I broke several speeding laws getting around that one and as far away as possible.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanity tags rock!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Yes. That's why I don't use them. I am the person voted least likely to rock.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

I like license plates featuring a number whose sound is an or part of an English word. 2Hot2D8...yechk.

--Joey

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home