.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, August 05, 2011

Young Mr Miggs is... uh....

an interesting and enterprising little fellow. Here are two little squibs (postlets? Blots?) from his mother's facebook page.
To my beloved son: Mommy understands that accidents happen. And I'm very proud that you wanted to clean it up yourself. However, a mix of hand sanitizer, toothpaste, liquid soap and a few gallons of water really didn't help. Next time, please just call me. please.
The day started with Mickey coating himself (and the bathroom) in lipstick and mascara, and ended with him eating several Jr Tylenol tablets while Sue Lambright's in-laws babysat for us. I may never go on vacation again; it's too stressful.
Does this remind anyone of our cousin Meredith?

someday I'll tell the boy about how his uncle tried to draw a mural with lipstick on the living room walls a long long time ago.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Maire said...

Lipstick on the walls? once? Mere amateur hour compared with my boy's mischievous tendencies!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous The Old Man said...

I think the boy may have some of the "Benny Hill - but I'm so cute, I couldn't be doing anything wrong" attitude, which our cousin Meridith had down pat. Benny Hill could say something outrageous, look at the camera, lower his chin a little and smile, and the little old ladies would coo and say "oh, isn't that cute". If someone else said it, they would say "oh, that bad boy".

2:11 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

I had my moments.

Almost burning up the entire back yard was pretty good, but I always blamed that on the Confederate Nut.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Lil' Sis said...

What about the kittens in the washing machine. I use to love Mother tellilng me all the tales of my brothers...oh wait...it was only TWO brothers the stories were all about. I wonder which ones.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Yeah. It was difficult to keep the Confederate Nut from doing all those bad things. I stuck close to him to try to stop him, but ... well, you know.

But people always remembered that I was there when it happened.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Lil' Sis said...

Hmmmm.....always blaming him...always there....close by him....sounds kind fishy to me.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home