.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In honor of Mickey's very first birthday ....

... here is a page of great birthday cakes of the past.

On Sunday we went to his christening at the big Catholic Church on the hill, then to his and Máeráed's house for tons of wonderful food, some of it Vietnamese. Then last night at the Mellow Mushroom I helped him eat his first birthday cake. It was good too.

I ate it on the run to catch my bus - which turned out to be 40 minutes late! I could have stayed for another piece of cake - or anther beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home